Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A Perfect Plan

Something happened to someone very close to me today.  Everything's okay, or well it's going to be.  But I am intensely reminded of how blessed I am to have two incredible, healthy, smart, beautiful, infinitely perfect children.  I thank God for giving me Tucker and Gracie every single day, but today I'm just reminded how He didn't have to give them to me.  He chose to do that.  For me.  For Wes.  For them.  But also to fulfill a much larger plan.  His plan.  His absolutely perfect plan.  I am in awe that I was chosen by God to be "Mommy" to Tucker and Gracie and that He entrusted Wes and I to raise them to be the individuals God needs them to be to fulfill His plan for them.




Sometimes things happen and we don't know why they happen.  We find ourselves in less than desirable situations.  We feel pain.  We feel abandoned.  We feel alone.  We might question God.  We might question our faith in God.  We might even be angry with God. 

Something that I sometimes find hard to pray is for God's will.  I find myself praying specific prayers.  Prayers that are MY will.  My timing.  My way.  Almost like I'm afraid to pray God's will.  I don't know God's will.  It might not be in line with my wants.  My desires.  My artificial wants. 

But, God's will is perfect.  PERFECT.  He has the perfect plan.  He uses hard situations to grow us.  To draw us near.  To bring us to Him.  Where he wants us.  To reach others.  All we need is faith.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

A friend of mine shared a quote from her daily devotional with me.  "Even when God lets you experience pain, the pain becomes greater joy...."  In the midst of that pain, we don't see joy.  But God knows the joy is coming.  He sees the bigger picture.  The WHOLE picture.  We see such a small, minute piece of the picture.  It's like looking at one piece of a million piece puzzle. 

God loves us.  He loves our children.  Even more than we do!  I have such a hard time wrapping my brain around that!  God loves my two amazing children more than I do!  Seriously, I type that but yet have a hard time believing it.  I mean, I do believe it, but I'm just saying, that's a heck of a LOT of love because there's NOTHING I would not do for my children!

Wow.  And the love God has for me and for Y-O-U....  He became man when he didn't have to, to show you His love for you.  He suffered when He didn't have to.  For me.  For you.  Knowing that we would turn our backs on him.  He forgives.  He loves unconditionally.  Unconditionally

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."  Romans 5:8


How Great is Our God.

1 comment:

Stover's site said...

Wow great post! Praying for you and your family! Love you so much!!!