Sunday, November 18, 2012

37 Months

Y'all!  My lil' man is 37 months!  What?! 
And, oh, how he has grown and changed since I last blogged about what he's doing. 

At 37 months, Tucker -

1.  You are SO incredibly smart!  I am amazed on a daily basis by what you come up with, say or do.  Your logic and reasoning is beyond your age. 
2.  You are VERY funny!  I mean hilarious!  And silly!

3.  You are tall.  At your 3-year well check you were in the 90th percentile for your height, and the 50th percentile for your weight (33 pounds).
4.  You are a born negotiator.  It never stops.  Daddy and I say take 4 more bites and you say 2.  We say no you cannot have something and you say, "Just a LITTLE bit!"  We say no you're not getting a new toy at the store and you will tell us this big story, (that usually starts with, "Okay, here's the deal.  I have a GREAT idea! ................") about why it is that you should get one.
But, just a little??
Okay, here's the deal....
 5.  You continue to be obsessed with anything that has wheels.  You have at least ten million trucks/cars/tractors and you know each one.  I cannot tell you how many times we have had to tear the house apart looking for a certain match car that you wanted to play with.

6. When asked who your best friend is you either say Tatum or Caden and Charlie.

Tatum & Tucker at one of Uncle Nick's football games, post blue ring pops.
7.  Miss Jennifer and Miss Felicia are your teachers at school (Parents' Day Out, 2 times a week).
8.  You are in the room Mommy teaches at church.  It's technically the 4-5 year old room but you always want to go in my room instead of your room so I let you.  You do really well.
9.  Your favorite color is orange. 
10.  You have a pair of orange basketball shorts that you wear several times a week.  You even become upset if they're dirty.  You will say, "But I have to wear something orange!"  And while you have some orange shirts, they all have to be worn with those orange basketball shorts!
11.  You have a huge imagination!  I love to watch your imagination work!  We play monsters, super heroes, sharks, rescue trucks, school (in which you have to be the teacher), house....  And you tell me stories.  Tonight while in the bath tub, you told me the story of a Giant and a Rhino.  The Giant was not being nice to the Rhino.
12.  You use words like frustrated, upset, sad, feelings are hurt, heart is hurting/broken, happy, not happy, having a bad time, excited....to describe your emotions.  You also say "cool" a lot which makes you sound so big :-/. 
13.  You know how to spell your name. 
14.  You can write the letters 'T', 'O', and 'X'.
Practicing your T's on your chalk board

15.  You are SUCH a good big brother to Gracie.  You love her SO much!
16.  You do not like to share with Gracie.  Well, you have your moments.  But most of the time, you do not want her to play with your "special toys."
17.  Your favorite song is the Wheels on the Bus (still).  You have added things to it, like the Tucker on the bus, the stop sign on the bus, the Gracie's on the bus....  You also sing B-I-B-L-E and Father Abraham a lot.
18.  I asked you if you wanted mommy to have another baby in her belly and your response was, "Is she gonna pull my hair?"
19.  You hate it when Gracie pulls your hair.
20.  A friend of ours (Jeff Komlos, Carver's daddy) asked you who your favorite football player is (because they are Steeler fans like we are and he assumed you would name a Steeler player), and you immediately responded, "Uncle Nick."  Mommy thought that was SO sweet!
21.  We spend a LOT of time at football games - pee wee all the way up to college - to watch Joshua, O'mauri, Nick, and Luke.
22.  Your favorite shows that you get to watch after nap are Doc McStuffins, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and Chuggington.
23.  When we are in the car you always want to watch The Land Before Time movie.
24.  Your favorite books right now are Where the Wild Things Are, Book of 100 Transportation Vehicles, and recently a book you have that has The Runaway Bunny, Goodnight Moon, and My World in it.
25.  You love going to the beach.  You randomly ask if we can go to our "vacation house" today.

26. You still love your silky. 
27.  You wear a size 10 shoe.
28.  You fake burp and then say, "Excuuuse me!" in a very silly voice.  You think it's hilarious.  And because Gracie wants to be just like you, she now fake burps and laughs as well.
29.   You tell Mommy and Daddy that you need some cuddles when you get sleepy.  I LOVE when you ask me for some cuddles!
30.  You love to help me in the kitchen.  And you are a big help!  You can even crack an egg.
31.  You still nap anywhere from 2 to 3 hours, though some days it takes you a while to fall asleep.
32.  You love going to Ms. Gaye's with Mommy on Wednesday mornings for my bible study.  You get to play with Carver, Dustin, and Camilla.  Sometimes, after bible study, you get to ride a horse named Tucky.  You think it's so cool that his name is like yours.

33.  We had your 3rd birthday party at Gallrein Farm.  You and your friends got to play on all the fall activities Gallrein has in October and y'all even got a private hay ride to the pumpkin patch from Wyatt's daddy!
34.  Your hair is WILD.  It's long and there are curls everywhere.  Mommy loves it.  Daddy wants it cut.  You tell Mommy you want it long like mine.  You just hate getting your hair cut and are attempting to appeal to my emotions.
35.  I looked back at the last time I did a monthly update on you and you were 27 months.  In that post I talked about where we were with potty training.  You have been potty trained since February (28 months) for peeing (even made the 10 hour drive to and from Hilton Head in March in big boy underwear), but as I said in your 27 month post, when you had to poopy you asked for a diaper.  We went for a few more months where you were in underwear 100% of the time and never had accidents but refused to poop on the potty and would insist on a diaper.  In about June you finally decided okay I will poop in the potty (4 months later lol!). 
36.  You always start your prayers off with, "God, thank you for this day...." which is exactly how Mommy and Daddy start your bed time prayer.
37.  I just asked you what you want to be when you grow up and you said, "A grown up."  I followed up with, "Okay you can be a grown up, but what do you want to do for your job when you grow up?"  You scoffed and said, "Mommy, why do you keep saying that?  I want to be a grown up when I grow up.  I'm already getting to be taller than you.  But it's okay, Mommy.  I will still be your baby boy."  Then you smiled and hugged me.  You are the sweetest! 


Tucker!!!  If I could stop time I totally would for the simple fact that you are growing up on this Mama way too fast!  But, I can't.  So, instead, I am trying to grab hold of every single second I can and savor it. 
I am so proud to be your Mommy.  You have grown into the sweetest little boy.  You say the most sweetest things, do the most sweetest things.  You're so caring.  So smart.  So loving.  You know how to get what you want.  You make Daddy and I laugh like crazy.  Seriously.  I don't know where you come up with the stuff you say and do.  You are perfect.
Tucker, Mommy and Daddy love you more than you will ever comprehend!  We are beyond thankful that God chose us to be your Mommy and Daddy. 
Love,
Mommy

No comments: