Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Mommmy's Job...

It's barely noon, and so far Tucker has went through 4 outfits (counting the one that never actually made it on him)! Our last diaper change included 4 diapers, 2 outfits, 2 pairs of socks, and 2 onesies, not to mention that one of his receiving blankets is now in the trash! And, yes I do have some of those tee-pee things that cover little boys so they don't pee everywhere! But, man you would think after doing it once that he's done at least for enough time for me to get a diaper on him! That's when #2 unexpectedly comes along... Then, I think, "Surely he's done now!" and take off the diaper and prepare to put a new one on when he's spraying everywhere again! Get that cleaned up and here comes more #2! It never stops! At one point, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. (I think I did a little of both when I thought I saw Tucker smirk at me!) And to think that I wasn't even going to change his diaper at all due to the fact that he was sound asleep, but because I knew he had poopied while I was burping him I didn't want him to take an hour and a half nap in a dirty diaper....

Well, 2 outfits, 2 onesies, 2 pairs of socks, several hundred wipes, 4 diapers, 2 wash clothes, 1 changing pad cover, and minus a receiving blanket later, he's asleep again!

Here he is in his swing while I disinfected his changing pad.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Love it! That is the way it goes sometimes! I love his little face! Looks like he is looking up at you saying, "What? Thats what I do!"