Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Is it reasonable that I am scared to death to take Tucker ANYWHERE? At this point, almost 4 weeks in, we have only been to his doctor appointments. I don't even want to take him to my parents' house (after all, my brothers are school-age!). There's just so many nasty things going around. It would break my heart if Tucker got sick! I mean, it breaks my heart when he has to do some extra pushing to get "number 2" out! I don't want to see my Bubby sick! Sometimes (key word) I wish I could just put him back in and carry him until March or April just to keep him safe for a little while longer.... (Then I remember what the last few weeks of pregnancy were like and know there is NO way I could go for another 4 or 5 months!)

Of course, after the flu season comes and goes, there will be other things that I'll want to protect him from.... injury, heartbreak, teasing, feelings of failure, ridicule, disappointment, the list could go on and on. When I look into Tucker's eyes, I don't want him to have to endure any of these feelings that are part of growing up. As a parent, we do what we can to protect our little ones from what we're able to protect them from. The rest is up to God. We have to have faith that HE will protect them and HIS life lessons are part of his great plan for them and will help to make them into the individuals that HE designed.
I pray that God will protect Tucker, shelter him during this season of sickness, and give me the strength I need to put Tucker's health in HIS hands and the discernment to make wise decisions when it comes to my son.

After not being anywhere other than to the pediatrician's office and back, I had to get out of the house Saturday. Wes and I took Tucker for a drive around Shelbyville. (No, we didn't get out of the car!) Here's my Tucker Bug, all ready to go see the wonderful sights. (He slept the entire 2 hours!) Oh, and his feet look huge in this pic....he had on his puppy dog slippers! :)

No comments: