We are less than a week away from Baby Keene's first photo session!!!! At this point, I can't imagine the emotion, the joy, the excitement, the amazement that comes along with seeing the life that God has blessed us with! I can't imagine it, and I definitely can't wait to experience it!!!
On top of all that (as if that's not enough!), we will also find out whether Baby Keene is a boy or girl!!!! We thought (very briefly) about waiting to find out the sex; however, it's a surprise whether you find out at 20 weeks or at 40 weeks, right? So, we'll just be getting that surprise a little sooner! That, and I can't wait to personalize the nursery and start preparing for Baby Keene. To do that to the extent I want to, I need to know whether Baby Keene is a boy or a girl.... :) I can't believe in just a few short days we will know which God has blessed us with! It really seems like just a few days ago we found out we were having a baby! Time really does fly by! (And when I think of all we still have to do and we are almost half way there, I stress myself out! Okay, breath Tiffany, just breath!)
Everyone keeps asking me if I have a "feeling" about whether I'm having a boy or girl. I really don't! Should I? What am I supposed to feel? Wes thinks we're having a girl because he has had two dreams and it was a girl in both. I haven't had any dreams!!!! Either way, we truly do not care, we just pray for a healthy baby. At some point, we would like both a boy and a girl, so which ever this baby is, it doesn't matter. Though, even if we end up having all children of the same sex, that would be fine too because we trust that God is in control and HE has an awesome plan in store for us and our family!
However, it is fun to think about what Baby Keene will be....
Will Baby Keene be a BOY?
* Both Bridgette and Holli (my sisters) have very strong "feelings" that we're having a boy. (Why do they get to have "feelings" and I don't?!) And, according to Holli, she is right about everything 99.8% of the time, so she is right about this! :)
*Wes's mom says it's a boy (though, she wants it to be a girl since she has 2 grandsons already!)
* One of my books claims that research shows that mothers who are prego with boys eat more than those prego with girls. WELL, I definitely find myself "bellying up to the fridge" pretty frequently (to put it in the terms my book used!).
* Wes and I have attended the same Sunday School class for 4 years now. Since then, there have been like 11 or 12 babies born to couples within our class. They have ALL been boys! Yeah, hard to believe, but definitely true! I mean with statistics like that, Wes and I are pretty much settled that we too are having a boy!
* If Baby Keene is a boy, he will have LOTS of buddies considering all those boys in our SS class!
* I have not had any kind of sickness. Not once during my pregnancy so far (knock on wood!). Many have told me this means I'm having a boy.
*When I was growing up I always wanted a big brother....
Will Baby Keene be a GIRL?
* Both my Mom and Dad say we are having a girl. My Mom has always said that my first born will be a girl and that she will be very strong-willed and independent like me. (I think that's my Mom's nice way of saying she hopes I get coming to me what I put them through growing up! You may find it hard to believe, but I was a somewhat difficult child--well, teenager--at times!)
* Jasmine, Wes's sister, says we're having a girl.
* Wes has had those 2 dreams that we are having a girl....
* If we have a girl, she will definitely always have a date to the prom with all those boys in our SS class! Of course, Wes says if we have a girl, we have to stop being friends with all y'all once our daughter reaches middle school! LOL!
* There is an old wives' tale that when you have a girl, you tend to "carry all over." I definitely feel like that's just what I'm doing! :)
* Some women I work with held my wedding ring on a string over my wrist to see if it would move in a circular motion or back and forth in a straight line. (I had never heard of this method for 'guessing' the sex of the baby...) Apparently, if it moves in a circular motion, the baby is a girl, if it moves in a straight line, it is a boy. Well, it moved in a circular motion.
* I always wanted a big sister growing up.... (I'm the oldest)
I don't know.... What kind of "feeling" do you all have? Leave a comment with whether you think Baby Keene is a boy or girl and in a matter of days we'll know if you're right!!!! :)