Monday, February 28, 2011
16 SWEET Months
2. You are becoming I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T! You insist on doing everything yourself! Feeding yourself, holding a big boy cup, putting the lid on your sippy, stacking blocks, coloring, stirring the pancake mix in the morning when helping Mommy, getting in and out of the tub.... If we try to help you, you move our hands out of the way. I knew this stage would come, I just had no idea it would be so soon!
3. Your favorite song right now is the Itsy Bitsy Spider. You do all the hand movements and love to watch the YouTube video. You will come up to me at the most random times and request that I sing it to you. You sing, "itssssyyyy". So cute :)
4. Your favorite things right now are balls and trucks. Or "baw" and "thuck"! You LOVE them! If we are somewhere else, you will bring all the balls and trucks to me one by one and say "Baw!" or "Thuck!" I love watching you play with your trucks. You push them around and make a motor sound. You just look so grown up doing it!
5. We finally turned your car seat around forward. We were hoping to wait until our Hilton Head trip at the end of next month, but after a visit to the Newport Aquarium with some of our besties, the Webb's, we turned your seat around so you could watch Walker's DVD on the trip home. (Really, it was time, you were having to bend your legs when you faced backwards.) You LOVE being forward. You point to everything. Your very favorite part....seeing all the trucks! When we pass a big truck, you say "Whoa!" then hold your hands palms up and say, "AT?" in the most cutest voice! If we don't pass another one soon, you sign or say "more"!
6. You are saying so many words! You bring me things wanting me to tell you what it's called. When I do, you study my mouth and then try to say the word back. Oh, you put two words together for the first time a few days ago. You brought me a cup from your play kitchen and said, "Mo mo wawa!" (Read "More water.") Of course Mommy had to call Daddy right away to tell him!
7. You know lots of animal sounds and body parts and love to go through them. (But for some reason, you keep mixing up your wrist and knee!)
8. You love to dunk your basketball! And run as fast as you can from one side of the room to the next! These are two things you and Daddy do a lot of together. Daddy will say, "GO!" and you will run as fast as you can to the other side of the room. Then you say, "Doe!" and run to the other side! I think Daddy is secretly conditioning you! It's a little early, Daddy. Just a little.
9. You L-O-V-E being outside! Seriously, consistent warm weather cannot come soon enough. Every time you hear us letting Baby out, you RUN to the door hoping to sneak out. Even if you hear Daddy and I talking about letting Baby in/out, you run to the door. You get so mad when we don't let you go out. Mommy tells you it's cold outside and you say, "Brrrr" making me think you understand, but then you still want out and still get mad when I don't let you. Tucker, Mommy wants to let you go outside and play just as bad as you want to go out and play, trust me!
10. Another one of your favorite activities is climbing. On and off furniture, over couch pillows when Daddy makes you a pile on the floor, on and off the dog bed, up and down the stairs (on two feet, refusing help!), the higher the better. You could spend hours climbing the play equipment at the park. And the slides, oh my goodness! NO fear! You literally dive down the slides head first. If we're not on our toes, it could be bad.
11. Yet another favorite activity is playing hide 'n seek. You like to find us and you also like to hide so we can find you. You will whisper "ide" when you want to play, I guess because we always whisper to you when we tell you to, "Go hide! Shhh don't let Daddy/Mommy find us!" You crack up when we find you or you find us! You love it!!!
12. You have shown us some hints of what might be some tantrums.... I will admit, this scares Mommy a little bit.... You are generally pretty easily redirected, but you definitely know what you want when you want it. Of course, this is much more evident when you're sleepy. I hope those aren't previews for some bigger things to come, lil man!
13. Still nursing. We are working on cutting it back some. Sorry to say Buddy, but I think starting next month we're gonna get a little more serious about it.
14. You still LOVE music and to dance. You are in love with Sara Bareilles. Mommy won't even pretend that I like it. I don't. You say "uh uh oh, uh oh" when you want to hear her song King of Anything because the song starts out that way. You will point to the laptop or one of our phones and want us to pull the video up on YouTube. Daddy got you started on this. Again, Mommy is not pretending to be pleased about the fact that another girl has taken a small part of my baby's heart. I fully blame Daddy. What's worse is Daddy apparently gets the song stuck in his head and goes around humming it for hours after you've listened to it. That girl is gonna need to find some new boys to mesmerize!
15. Absolutely nothing in this house, or anywhere for that matter, is safe anymore. The top of the counters, the inside of drawers, the top of dressers, the ice and water dispenser on the refrigerator door, everywhere. There's no where too high. Just when we think something's out of our reach, you pull a basket or stool up and there you are with it in your hand. I can almost picture items in drawers scrambling for position furthest away from the opening when you walk into the room, "Tucker's coming! Quick, hide!" :)
16. You still love your silky. You sleep with it for bedtime and nap time and will go to your room and get it when you're sleepy. And your Taggie, you love it too.
17. You got your first haircut! (Pictures to come! Mommy's so far behind!)
(Okay, sorry that was 17 things for 16 months, but I didn't do a 14 or 15 month post and you're doing so many things!!!)
You are just so full of personality! So full of life and laughter and love! Mommy and Daddy cannot get enough of you! You are the center of our world! The past 16 months have been the absolute best time of our lives!!! We love you way more than you will ever know.
Happy 16 months, Bubby!