Monday, January 31, 2011

Not My Son....

Tucker bit a kid for the first time yesterday at church. Okay, he really didn't succeed in actually biting the kid, but he did try. I witnessed the whole thing.

One of Tucker's really good friends (sorry Melissa!!!) had Tucker's sippy cup at Sunday School (yes it happened at church!). Tucker took the sippy cup from his friend and his friend took it back. Tucker responded by going towards his friend with his mouth open wide. I wasn't far away and really just thought Tucker was going to kiss him because when Tucker kisses, he starts out with a wide open mouth and then puckers up right before he lays the kiss on. No, he was not intending on kissing his friend. He was going in with all 12 teeth for a school-yard bite! Luckily, because this child's mother always dresses him so dang cute, his friend was wearing a thick sweater and Tucker got nothing more than part of the sleeve. I don't even think the other boy even realized Tucker had tried to bite him until I reprimanded Tucker and made him give his friend a kiss and hug. And it was obvious Tucker felt bad....he loves this boy!

Oh, puuulllleeeeaaaazzzzzeeee don't let my kid be a biter! Can there be anything worse than your kid being "the biter" that everyone has to watch out for?? I was really surprised that Tucker had that reaction. He's way more of a lover than a fighter. He loves to kiss and hug his friends. Typically, when I'm giving a lesson during Sunday School and all the 1 and 2 year olds are sitting in a circle, Tucker is the one leaning over to hug and kiss the child sitting next to him.

I mean, does this face look like the face of a biter??? Let's just hope it was a fluke.....

1 comment:

Stover's site said...

I just had to stifle a little giggle. :-) Oh I remember when Jacob hit a little girl in the nursery adn I about died. I was even the one keeping nursery that day. Oh my goodness... I mean I do therapy with kids who bite, kick, scream and get kicked out of daycare... surely my kid won't be that kid! I know that's what you are thinking too - but sweet little Tucker will never be that kid. You are doing a great job and will just remind him that teeth are not for biting and he'll be just fine. He is sooooooo cute and sooooo sweet. No worris momma, he is absolutely perfect. Heck, I'd probably bite someone if they took my sippie cup. Nothin' wrong with that!