Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Streptococcus

Another first in the Keene household.

But this one is not one to celebrate....
Tucker has Strep Throat.

This is the first time he has really been sick other than the sniffles.

It's not been as bad as I thought it would be. Tucker is just so good and so sweet, even when his little body feels awful! To be honest, I was really surprised when our pediatrician told me the strept test came back positive. I probably wouldn't have even taken him to the doctor except that he started vomiting EVERYWHERE yesterday morning. Talk about scary! It was out of no where. Well, maybe not no where. The night before he hardly touched his dinner. He would take bites of his broccoli (a favorite) and then spit it out. I thought that a bit odd, but he does have some days that he just doesn't feel like eating as much as usual.

Fast forward to breakfast the next morning. Same thing. He didn't touch his food. No sooner had I lifted him out of his high chair when he started vomiting over and over. I didn't know what to do. I just kinda stood there, allowing him to throw up all over me. It might of been funny had my precious baby not been suffering through the ordeal and had I not been covered in vomit from head to toe. I just held him saying over and over, "Tucker! Oh my gosh!" And the vomit just kept coming. Poor baby! I felt so bad for him.

So, it was to the pediatrician's office we went and sure enough, the Strep test was positive. I don't think Tucker was happy about it either.... Just this past Sunday he was blowing kisses to our pediatrician at church. Yesterday, he didn't want her near him! When she came in the room, he started signing "open" wanting me to open the door.

Strep Throat has been going around here like the plague! Seriously, so many of Tucker's friends have had it. Our *wonderful* pediatrician said you can pretty much walk in Kroger and come out with it right now. I was hoping we would somehow avoid it. It's things like this that make me want to keep Tucker in a germ-free bubble. I hate knowing that his little throat probably hurts so bad! :( And I HATE giving him antibiotics. As much as I know they're fighting off all that nasty strept, I don't like them. I've stocked up on probiotic as well (something I HIGHLY recommend giving to your little one anytime they're on an antibiotic!)


Dear Streptococcus,
We do not like you! Please leave us alone!
Signed,
A Momma That Has Given You Your Eviction Notice
Tucker, up from his morning nap, not feeling hot, double-fisting some carrot sticks :)

1 comment:

Mama Perks said...

Awww, bless his sweet little heart. Crossing my fingers that TuckerBug has a speedy/smooth recovery back to health. I'm sure you're giving him TONS of love to ensure that :) Hang in there Tiff!