Saturday, September 11, 2010

B is for Basketbal!!!

My boys.....L-O-V-E basketball! Guess it's a really good thing that Mommy does too!

And while we're on the subject of basketball, will you please check out Tucker's shot? He's got that shooting arm in position!
Remember that Santa brought Tucker this basketball goal for Christmas when he was just a little over 2 months old? Well Tucker LOVES it! I can't remember exactly when he really started playing with it, it's been some time now, but it is probably his most played with toy. When he comes across the basketball, he picks it up, holds it just like Daddy and Mommy taught him, looks up, and waits for us to lift him to the goal. Then once at the goal he shoots the ball in the basket and then gets all excited! Score!
I can not even begin to tell you how much Wes and I hope his love for basketball continues! I'm almost afraid to say it, because I'm afraid I'll jinx it! Both Wes and I love basketball, whether it's watching or playing. We have fantasized, even when I was only pregnant with Tucker, that he would share our love of basketball. We also have had conversations that if he doesn't that we will be supportive in whatever sport (or lack there of...) that he does enjoy. {But, Tucker, please continue to love basketball!!!}
It's of no surprise that Tucker loves basketball at this point. Aside from the fact that Mommy and Daddy love it, he has been around basketball quite a bit. Before Tucker was 3 months old, Daddy and Mommy coached a girl's middle school basketball team. During practices and games Tucker was at the basketball gym, usually on Mommy's chest in his carrier. (And to just show how focused I am when I'm in "coach mode" I do not have one picture of this! How is that possible?!) He got so accustomed to the sound of the ball hitting the hardwood, the fans cheering, and Daddy and Mommy screaming at, I mean cheering on, our players that he even sometimes slept right in his carrier through it all!
So, just to clarify, we will love and support our son no matter what his interests are! Daddy and Mommy love you Tucker Bug!!!!!!!!

No comments: