I was folding some of the kids' clothes the other day and as I pulled a pair of Tucker's pants out of the laundry basket, I was brought to a quick halt. I just could not believe those pants were his. They were so.....BIG! Seriously, how could they possibly be the right size?! How could my boy possibly be THAT big?! Granted, he pretty much skipped right over a size 3T and just about completely fills the length of 4T's now, but those just could NOT be his!
He is 38 months.
Yes, 38 months. And at a little over 3 years, Tucker, you:
1. are so inquisitive. You ask questions about EVERYTHING. All day long. You have recently started to ask how to spell everything. Something your Daddy really enjoys. I think he has a secret desire to win a spelling bee or something, so you're just fulfilling one of his dreams in life, Tucker.
2. you know how to spell your own name.
3. you helped Tatum move into her new house.
4. you are mesmerized by skeletons.
5. you make up songs. All.The.Time. I hear, "Mommy! I have a new song. Want to hear it?!" a million times a day. Most recently you have songs made up to the tune of Jingle Bells.
6. you sing Christmas songs a lot. Jingle Bells, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, to name a few.
7. you like to push Gracie in her baby dolls' stroller and pretend that you are her babysitter. (Mommy *might* take advantage of that on occasion.)
8. you love when Gracie gets up from her naps. You run in her room and are SO excited to tell her how much you love her! I tell you that you love her to pieces because sometimes you literally do. You squeeze and love on her almost too much. Today when I got her out of her crib and started nursing her, you bent down by her foot. I accused you of wiping your nose on the arm of the chair (don't scoff! That's not above you to do!), but you informed me that you were just kissing Gracie's foot lol! You love her to pieces. And trust me, she loves you right back ;)!
See, to pieces! Poor Gracie...
There, that's better ;)
And, of course, there's lots of this at our house
9. you want an orange tow truck from Santa. (Thankfully, you changed this before you saw Santa at which time you asked for a blue pulling truck. That was much easier for "Santa" to find.)
10. Orange is still your favorite color.
11. as are those dang orange basketball shorts.
12. between those shorts and your jammies, I'm very lucky to get any other clothes on you. You are not picky about anything that you wear, except when it comes to your jammies! (In the pic above, you have on your absolute favorite jammie shirt. I have a zillion pics of you in that very get-up because you wear that shirt and those shorts all.the.time!)
13. you want me to sing "Jesus Loves the Little Children" as your night night song. However, I have to add "orange" in. So, we sing, "Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world, red and yellow, black orange white, they are precious in his sight, Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world!"
14. you like to "read" the newspaper. Your favorite section is the ads for the cars and trucks.
15. yep, still obsessed with trucks. Here are a few of your favorites. This is a very typical scene around these parts - your trucks parked waiting for the next "parade" to start....
16. you have started calling me "Mama" more often than "Mommy".
17. you LOVE Starbucks. You get the child's hot chocolate. You never finish it. I think you just feel big having "coffee" like Mommy and Daddy.
18. When you see a McDonald's you declare that you are VERY hungry for "Old McDonald's apples."
19. We have recently started having to pretend that you are at work and we visit your office (your bedroom).
20. You have also recently been pretending to be the FedEx delivery guy and have played with the *orange* box that our Christmas cards from Shutterfly came in for weeks. Daddy and I have gotten all sorts of things "delivered" to us in that box.
21. I asked you what you want to be when you grew up and you answered, "A Daddy."
22. Of course I thought that was SO sweet. Then when I asked you why you wanted to be a Daddy, you said, "Because then I can put people in time out." I PROMISE you, your Daddy does a lot more than put people in TO :).
23. Your favorite job at school is to be the electrician. I haven't checked with Miss Jennifer, but from our conversations, I'm pretty sure it's about the only job you agree to do....
24. You love your truck ornament.
25. You make up nick names for Gracie all the time. A couple days ago you said, "Mommy I have a new name for Gracie! Avocado! She's my little avocado!" Then you preceded to call her your Little Avocado all day. It was really sweet! Others aren't quite as sweet lol!
26. You remember lines from movies. You totally get that from your Daddy. You and Daddy will go back and forth repeating line after line from a movie. Recently, I've been hearing Rudolph a lot from y'all.
27. You know your fruits and vegetables. The other day you told me that apples are fruits. I agreed that an apple is a fruit. Then you said, "Well, I know how apples can turn into vegetables." I responded with, "No, apples cannot turn into vegetables because they grow on trees so they are fruit." You said, "Yes, Mommy, they can. When they fall off the tree they are on the ground then they grow from the ground so they turn into vegetables." How do you argue with that? I just responded, "Apples are fruits and if you say they are vegetables then you will not get the answer right. However, I appreciate your creativity." Lol!
28. You are very complimentary. You are always saying that you like my shirt or hair or something and I hear you complementing your friends and others on their clothes or shoes or toys. You are just so sweet :).
29. You always call for Daddy if you wake up in the middle of the night. Mommy LOVES this :).
|LOVE my boys ;)|
31. In conjuncture with Time Out, we have started putting trucks in Toy Time Out for you not obeying or talking back (telling us 'No'). You do not like this at all.
32. You HATE to have your hair washed. Every night at bath time you ask if you have to have your hair washed. You HATE it.
33. You tell me you love me a gazillion times a day. It never gets old. Ever.
34. You have become really interested in having your room clean. This really works to our benefit, but I just find it so funny :). The other day I was helping you to put your toys in your room away and apparently I put your big fire truck in the wrong place because you came in from putting something away in the living room and said, "Mommy! I 'telled' you 20 times! My fire truck does not go HERE, it goes HERE." Well, Tucker, okay then.
35. When I ask you if you want Mommy to have another baby you say no but we need another kid like you. In other words, you want Mommy to have a 3 year old.
36. You really enjoy going to Aunt Jenni Pooh's basketball games. We go a lot :).
Of course, you end up doing a lot of this at the games:
|Playing trucks with Xavien and Eli!|
37. You are starting to ask to have friends over from school. Friends whose parents I do not know. One of those parents sent home a note from school with you last week that she would like to set up a play date with us so I guess those kids are asking to play with you as well.
38. You get up in the night to pee in the potty, something you've done for a bit now, but recently to also wipe your nose if you sneeze, then go back to bed. Sometimes we don't even know you've been up except that the bathroom light is on when we get up in the morning. This just makes you seem like five. So big.... (tear!).
38 Months....Wow! Definitely the best 38 months of Daddy and I's life ;).