Yep, on Christmas you turned 15 months.
This month has been so fun! Fun because you are SO full of personality.
Yeah, I'm sure I said that before, but that little personality of yours keeps getting bigger and bigger.
Actually, it's not very little at all; it's quite LARGE lol! :)
At 15 months,
1. You walk and run on your toes. Your tippy toes. You've pretty much perfected the technique. Aunt Holli used to be the same way so you must get this from her...
2. You LOVE to sit on the potty. You're somewhat obsessed. You will just sit there for as long as we let you. Taking little pieces of toilet paper and dropping them in the potty. Every once in a while you'll look behind you to see if you've "done anything" lol!
3. You've peed in the potty a handful of times, mostly because you've happened to be sitting on it :). But there have also been times where you've come pulling at your diaper, then run to the bathroom, and sure enough, once I take your diaper off, you sit on the potty and pee! I really think I'm still in denial because there can just be no way my 15 month old is ready to potty train.... right?!
4. You LOVE music. Any kind of music. You LOVE it. You dance when you hear any kind of beat. Your signature move is to bend at the knees and bounce a little. You make it look pretty good :).
5. You also LOVE to sing. Anytime you hear Tucker sing, you start to sing. Just so happens Santa got you a Minnie Mouse Microphone in your stocking ;).
Yea, you're somewhat in love with it...
6. I'm always surprised at how much you observe around you and how much you mimic and the things you totally understand. You see Tucker doing motions to a song and the next time I'm singing that same song, you're doing the motions! That's just one example, there are millions. You're very intuitive and very, very smart :).
7. You cut your bottom molars this month. Yay!
8. You went to your first parade, the Shelbyville Christmas Parade. You're favorite part were the suckers that got thrown your way. You were like, "Wait a second! There's suckers at this thing?! Forget the blaring sirens from the firetrucks, give me a sucker!"
You and your friends at the parade ;)
|Ella Kate, Colson, Gracie, & Warren|
9. You're finally getting some hair! One morning while Tucker was eating breakfast he all of a sudden said, "Mommy!!! Gracie has hair!" While I completely feel that you are so gorgeous that you don't even need hair, it was funny that Tucker all of a sudden realized you had some lol! According to Memaw, your hair is coming in at the same exact rate that Mommy's did when I was little. So, you're bound to have tons of it someday soon... The jury's still out as to whether you'll have your brother's luscious curls, but you do have a few coming in in the back, so we shall see :).
10. You are the best little mommy ever. You feed your babies their bottles, give them their pacis, rock them, wrap them up in their blankets, push them in the baby stroller. You take such great care of them..... for about 5 minutes that is, then you're totally over it and moving on to the next fun thing :).
11. You LOVE to show off your belly. You are quite proud of yourself as you walk around with your shirt up, belly out :).
12. You can still be a handful. A handful. Seriously, we cannot take our eyes off you for two seconds. You climb things like you're a little monkey. Get into things and make a mess like you're a Tasmanian devil. A handful!
I literally only turned my back on you for 30 seconds and....
13. You play with the Baby Jesus in the Little People Nativity set, rocking him in your arms and shushing him, kissing him and saying, "bae bae." The rest of the characters, you just toss them on the floor (or across the room lol!).
14. You LOVE to look for Ducky our elf on the shelf every morning, and blow her kisses when you find her.
15. You are an accessory queen. Hair bows, shoes, bracelets, purses, tutus..... You love it all, and you also insist on seeing yourself dolled up in the mirror ;). Oh goodness, we might be in trouble one day....
|All Princesses In Training brush their teeth with a hair bow and a purse over their arm, right?|
I just can not believe how big my Lil Mama is getting.... I snuggle you at night before I lay you in your crib and I just embed your sweet, chubby cheek into mine and I remind myself to slow down and just remember EVERYTHING about you. Every perfect thing. I try to not blink, not for one mili-second. I ask you for a kiss and you happily oblige. I ask you for a hug and you drop your forehead to mine. I'll confess, I have a very hard time putting you in that crib most nights. I could hold you snuggled up forever ;).
Mommy loves every little perfect thing about you, Gracie Girl!