Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thankful

Thankful.  That simple little 8-letter word is not near enough to describe the overwhelming gratefulness that is in my heart.  I am beyond thankful for so much in my life.

At the very top of my list is God's love for me.  As a mother, I am able to get a glimpse into what a sacrifice God made by sending his son to die on the cross for ME.  There isn't anyone on this earth that I would give up either of my children to save, but God did just that for me (and for you!).  I am grateful for his unfailing love and grace.  I am grateful that he loves me when I don't deserve it.  I am grateful that he cares about every aspect of my life.

I am thankful for my family.  Our beautiful little family of four.  My healthy babies.  I could not ask for more and could not be happier than where we are right now in life.  Wes, Tucker and Gracie are my world and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I am thankful for the rest of our family.  Our parents and siblings, niecies and nephews.  I am so thankful that Tucker and Gracie have cousins to grow up with and to make many memories with.  I am thankful that they are surrounded by so many family members that love them.

I am thankful for the amazing group of friends that Wes and I have, and their children.  I am thankful for their support and encouragement in our lives.

As the season of Thanksgiving comes to an end, it's nice to just take time to reflect on what all we are blessed with.  Sometimes these are things that we take for granted in our day to day lives.  The small things and the big things.

God,

Help us to be thankful not just in this season of Thanksgiving, but all year round.  Thankful for the small things and the big things.  Help us to not take for granted the blessings you have graciously provided us and place a desire in our hearts to use those blessings to spread the gospel and glorify you.

Father, Thank you for sending your son to die on the cross so that we can spend eternity with you.  Thank you for first loving us, even when we did not deserve it.  Thank you for swiftly forgiving us of our sins, and freeing us from any guilt.

Thank you.

Amen

"Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! His mercy endures forever."  1 Chronicles 16:34


Here are a few attempts at a family picture this Thanksgiving.  Getting two little ones to look at the camera simultaneously is near impossible!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG i love the family pics! Too beautiful! hope you all have a wonderful new year!