4. You are a Mommy's boy 100%. Of course, you love your Daddy to the moon and back, but you are going through a huge Mommy's boy stage right now. You want Mommy to be the one to do everything for you. If Mommy's home, I gotta be the one to change your diaper, give you a bath, put you to bed, everything! While I feel bad for Daddy sometimes because I think it hurts his feelings, I'm trying to enjoy it and soak it up because I know one day you will realize just how much cooler your Daddy is.
5. You LOVE to be outside. Almost immediately after breakfast you start saying "Outside!" and "Bye bye's!" begging to go outside to play. We spend a LOT of time playing outside.
6. According to your 18 month appointment, you weighed 25 pounds (40%) and are 33 inches tall (75%). I'm a little skeptical on the 25 pounds....I think you're a little lighter than that.
7. Your language has grown leaps and bounds lately. At our 18 month check-up, the "developmental check-list" said you should be saying between 5 and 21 words. That evening, Daddy and I tried to think of how many words you were saying. We stopped counting around 30 something.
8. Your favorite color is blue. Anytime we ask you what color something is, you immediately say, "Blue" sometimes without even looking at what we're asking about.
|Daddy's got some BIG shoes to fill, Buddy!|
11. You love to dance and have your own signature dance move. It's a combination of clapping, bouncing, and a little chicken wing thing thrown in for visual interest.
|Here's your "chicken wing" thing! Not sure what's going on with the facial expression; I think you were really into the music lol! :)|
13. Oh my goodness, a HUGE update, we are completely done with nursing! It happened at about 18 1/2 months. I think I said in a previous post that if Mommy wasn't the one putting you to bed, you did fine without nursing. Well, one night Aunt Shelby put you to bed while Mommy and Daddy were on a date, and the next night Daddy put you to bed. So, after two nights in a row of not nursing before bed, on the third night, Mommy put you to bed and when it was time in our routine to nurse, Mommy said, "Tucker, nursies are all gone." You said, "All gone?" I said, "Yes Baby, all gone." You said, "Paci," and I gave you your paci and that was the end of it! I could not believe how easy it was! I was prepared for a fight when the time came. The next night, as we were getting ready for bed, you signed "nursey" and then said, "All gone" without me even reminding you that they were all gone. You never demanded to be nursed or anything. What's funny is at the most random times in the day or when we were just driving in the car, you would come up to me and sign "nursey" and then say, "All gone!" It showed me how often you thought of nursing, which was several times a day. But, you were fine with the fact that they were gone and you have never asked for it since the first night I told you they were gone.
14. All day long, while Daddy's at work, you ask about him. You'll say, "Da, car?" And I'll say, "Yes, Daddy went to work in his car." All. Day. Long. Just goes to show you that even though you're a Mommy's boy, you think about that Daddy of yours all the time!
15. We have learned the word "Mine!" This has been a fun one, let me tell you. Everything is "Mine!"
16. You say "No" in a really sweet voice. It's like you're playing, but even when you mean it, you say it in this really sweet, sing-songy voice. How do you correct something like that?! It's so sweet!
17. You say and wave "Bye bye" to everyone! When we leave somewhere, like a restaurant, you want to stop at every person along the way and tell them "Bye bye!"
18. You call me and Daddy "Ma" and "Da". Yup, somewhere along the way we have been reduced to one syllable. I'm not sure when this started, I think it has been longer than a month now. And you say our names and want us to say, "What?" back, but you don't really want anything. You just like the fact that you say it and we respond with "What?" If we don't say anything, you will get louder and louder until we do.
Oh my gosh, I could go on and on! There is so much you're doing, and then again, so much of the things listed above you have already out-grown! I love you Tucker Bug! More than you will EVER know!!!