Thursday, March 3, 2011

Pregnancy 2.0

So, yup Baby Keene #2 (or "Baby Bug" as one of our friends has already coined him/her) is warm and cozy in Mommy's tummy.

Here's the not-so-skinny skinny on him/her....

1.  I'm a few days shy of 10 weeks.

2.  This time around, we were a bit surprised, but it's a welcomed surprise ;)

3.  Due date is Oct 2nd, though my 8 week ultrasound put me at Sept 29th.  Considering I know the date of conception, I'm keeping the Oct 2nd due date, not that it's a huge difference or anything.

4.  My sister is only days ahead of me.  Based on her 8 week ultrasound, her due date is Sept 27th!  How awesome is that!  Tucker is 8 months younger than her little girl, so both of our kiddos will be super close!

5.  I have been SO sick, which is a complete 180 from when I was pregnant with Tucker.  When I was pregnant with Tucker, I had no pregnancy symptoms.  No nausea, no smell aversions, no taste aversions, no cravings, nothing.  This time around, I have "morning" sickness that lasts all day long and is worse at night.  Luckily, I have started to feel better about a week or so ago.  I still get nauseous at night.

6.  I have been EXHAUSTED!  I remember being really tired during my first trimester with Tucker too, but it's definitely different this time around.  I can't come home from work and take an evening nap.  I can't go to bed at 7:00 pm.  I can't take a 4 hour nap in the middle of the day.  I'm chasing a 16 1/2 month old who is constantly on the go.  I'm nursing.  My body is worn out.

7.  I almost fell asleep at the dinner table tonight.  Actually, I think I did for a few minutes.  (See #6)

8.  I paid $200 for a boot camp to help get my body in shape before getting pregnant with Baby #2. 

9.  Did I mention that #8 happened only 2 days before getting pregnant?  That gave me a lot of time to get in shape, uh?

10.  Tonight was the last night of that boot camp.  Over the past 60 days, I've gained 11 pounds.  Yup, we weighed in tonight.  Can you believe it?!  11 pounds!!!  I didn't gain anything with Tucker in the whole first trimester and now I'm 11 pounds up?! 

11.  To celebrate my 11 pound gain, I stopped by the Homemade Pie and Icecream Kitchen and got a double scoop of Reese's icecream.

12.  Did I mention that I've been craving Reese's Cups?  No?  Well, I have.

13.  I'm hungry ALL the time.  Seriously, I won't be surprised if at my 20 week ultrasound the tech says, "Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Keene, you're having a.........(drum roll!)...........middle school boy!"  Yup, I'm that hungry.

14.  Tonight, after finding out I had gained 11 pounds, a 17-year-old, all of 83 pounds, girl told me if I was having a girl I was gonna get REALLY big because that's what happens when you get pregnant with a girl. 

15.  When #14 happened, I smiled but inside I was hoping that when that girl goes to college she doesn't gain the freshman 15, but a freshman 50!!!  Yup, I felt a little better then.

16.  Did I mention that I have pregnancy hormones surging through my body right now?

17.  I'm already showing.  We didn't even tell people we were pregnant with Tucker until I was 11 weeks.  This time around, we starting telling people at 6 weeks.  I started showing not that long after that, so I really had no choice but to go "Facebook Public" with it because it's getting obvious.

18.  I wore a pair of pants to work today that I wore last week.  Last week, I was able to button them up.  Today I wasn't.  So, I did what any pregnant girl who is in absolute denial that at 9 1/2 weeks pregnant she might be ready for maternity clothes, I hooked the bottom clasp and wore a longer shirt.

19.  I think 2 years is the perfect age difference between siblings.  Just remind me of that when I'm chasing around my 24 month old with a newborn on my boob.

20.  It's amazing how I have fallen even more in love with my absolutely wonderful husband.

21.  Did y'all know that corn on the cob is even better when it has spaghetti and meat sauce on top of it?  Just ask Tucker.  Could this be some kind of pregnancy craving by proxy?


Baby Keene #2,
We are so excited that you will be joining our little family!
Take your time, stay nice and cozy in Mommy's tummy!
We already love you more than words!
Love,
Daddy, Mommy & Tucker Bug
xoxo

3 comments:

Katie said...

I laughed the whole way through this post....I EMPATHIZE with you:) Its going be so so awesome!

melissaballard said...

HOORAY for gaining weight in your first trimester! I gained 12 with eli and 9 with this kid. I was ravenous. I say, eat what you want and deal with it later. You may slow down your weight gain later anyway. Plus you are still nursing and need the extra calories, right? You look great anyway - don't even worry about it!

Mommy Webb said...

Number 13 made me laugh so hard and loud that Walker started laughing too for no reason:). You are hilarious. And I am sure that the Baby Bug will not resemble anything close to a middle school boy. I'm thinking girl anyway...:).